Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Event 3 blog post

For my third event I decided to go to the Marc Foxx Gallery. Out of the different options of places to choose from in LA, I originally overlooked the Marc Foxx Gallery. However, with limited ways of getting around, this gallery proved convenient and worthwhile. 
Upon first look at the inconspicuous building, I was underwhelmed and not very excited. That all change when I walked into a mad house of people looking very busy and an extremely messy gallery. Nobody who worked there even noticed that a complete stranger had walked into the gallery! I coughed a few times and introduced myself to the nearest employee and asked if i was in the right place. The lady told me yes! but sadly they were closed. I quickly explained that I was a student studying art at UCLA and she immediately introduced me to the owner of the gallery! We struck up a conversation which eventually led to him letting me hang out and watch the process of them making the gallery look beautiful! 
Sadly, I forgot the name of the artist that they were exhibiting but He flew all the way out from Berlin to display his magnificent works. I even had the fortunate opportunity to meet him and get a picture! 
 
My favorite piece was the bright red one above this sentence. I really thought all of the work was extremely thought provoking and I found myself spending a few minutes staring at each one. I would recommend this gallery to anyone who enjoys art! the opening night will be this Saturday and I am planning on going! These painting made me love art a lot more than I already did. I believe the red one represents a heart mangled with emotions or maybe sickness. I believe that art is a form of science that takes trial and error and intense observations. These paintings were intricate and while they don't have anything to do with technology, I still believe they bridge the gap between the two cultures by showing a method similar to the scientific one through these beautiful paintings.
Overall, it was an incredible event and a place I will sure visit again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment