Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Anne Neimetz - event blog from her lecture in the Broad Art center

At first, and Im going to be honest, I wasn't overly excited to attend Anne's lecture on campus this afternoon. I am always hesitant about art exhibits because most of the time I find them redundant. However, Anne's lecture made me rethink what I thought art was. By using technology and, in my opinion more importantly, sound, Anne has developed "media critical" and thought provoking works. My notable favorite was her collaboration with musicians and engineers which resulted in a beautiful composition of technology and art. The music was expertly and appropriately composed to display the wonders of a beautiful tesla coil, but more prominately, Anne's contribution to the project was my favorite aspect.


Besides that unique collaboration, Anne's student project that involves wearable technologies brought me back to the cyborg's we discussed towards the beginning of the year. Wearable technology is the step we must master before taking the leap to implantations that will change the way our bodies work.

Besides her student run projects, the most entertaining part of her lecture was when she overlapped different hertz frequencies at the same time. alone, they sound boring and monotone, but playing similar frequencies at the same time creates a harmonious tune that is enjoyable. 
Thank you Anne for expanding my mind in the world of art! 



No comments:

Post a Comment